Looking to jump start your career in a growing industry? DRT Power Systems, a supplier of precision tooling and component parts for the aerospace and power generation industries, is currently in search of an Accountant to work in our facilities located in the Sidney, Ohio area.
This highly visible position is a key member of the operations team. This role is responsible for preparing journal entries, management reporting and account reconciliations. This position will also assist with various projects as well as routine support duties.Essential duties include:
- Preparation of monthly journal entries and general ledger maintenance
- Timely preparation of assigned balance sheet reconciliations (bank accounts, inventories, accounts payable, accounts receivable).
- Assist with gathering and creating external audit requests.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting (including revenue recognition and inter-company accounting) as well as internal control processes.
- Ensure vendor invoices are input timely and all product shipments are billed timely
- Ensure payroll hours for all plants are reconciled prior to submission to ADP
- Ad hoc analysis (projects) as requested by either Operations management or the Accounting and Finance Team.
- BS / BA in Accounting or Finance required
- 3-5 years previous general accounting and management reporting experience required
- Previous work experience with month end close processes and account reconciliations
- Excellent problem-solving, presentation, and analytical skills
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Proficient in Excel (Pivot, Vlookups, etc.,), Word (report preparation) as well as budgeting and reporting software (FRX and Host Analytics).
- CPA or CPA eligible preferred
- Must be a motivated self-starter with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
DRT is a dynamic and growing organization that offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. The retirement plan includes a 401k match.
Please apply today!
Please reply with a resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org, enter the position of interest in the subject line.